Pilsner Admiral marinated miter Tataki, marinated mushrooms/onions, chorizo oil, beer mayo, radish, fried oats.
INGREDIENTS FOR 2 PEOPLE:
Meat + marinade:
- 200g beef onglet
- 100ml soy sauce
- 100ml maple syrup
- 30ml smoked mustard
- 150ml Pilsner Admiral beer
- Q.S salt/pepper
- 8x champi de paris or other
- 1x red or white onion
- 250ml water
- 250ml cider or white vinegar
- 125ml sugar
- Q.S pickling spices
- 250ml mayonnaise
- 80ml Pilsner Amiral beer
- 125ml oats
- Q.S canola oil
- 3x radishes
- 1x chorizo
- Mix all the ingredients for the meat marinade in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Season the onglet with S&P. In a very hot frying pan, add a little canola oil and quickly sear the meat for 1 min on each side until evenly colored.
- Place the meat in the marinade and leave in the fridge for 12 to 24 hours.
- The next day, pat the meat dry and slice thinly.
- Cut the mushrooms into quarters and the onion into thin slices. Set aside.
- Place the water, vinegar, sugar and pickling spices in a pot. Heat over high heat and bring to the boil to dissolve the sugar. Leave to infuse for 20min, then strain through a sieve to retain the juice only. Pour the hot marinade over the onions/champi and leave to marinate in the fridge for 12hrs.
- Cut the chorizo into pieces. In a hot pan with plenty of canola oil, place the chorizo and roast for 5-8 min. Strain the chorizo and keep only the chorizo-infused oil.
- Mix the mayo and beer together and place in a pipette.
- In a saucepan, heat canola oil to 350F. Fry the oats until they are a nice amber color. Season with salt.
- Using a mandolin, cut radishes into julienne strips.
- On a plate, spread the meat, add a little fleur de sel, spread chorizo oil all over the meat, then spread the onions/mushrooms, beer mayo, radishes and finish with the fried oats.